Whether you are a property investor, property manager or a strata manager we know you need expert plumbing maintenance and contractor service that never lets you down and thereby ensures the satisfaction of your customers. The Finest Plumbing Group provides a custom-designed property and strata manager plumbing maintenance programme that meets your exact standards.
Who Is in Charge of Strata Plumbing Issues?
The concept behind the strata community gained a lot of popularity, especially amongst investors. Nowadays, strata count more than half of all residential sales and rentals in Sydney. Still, it’s not completely clear who is in charge of plumbing when something unexpected occurs.
So, how will you know who is responsible for blocked drains or for the leak that can cause damage to other units? In strata situations diagnosing whether the problem lies with the homeowner or if it’s a generic issue with the property can be a challenge. At Finest Plumbing Group we have the technology that defines the problem so that liability for repair costs can be fairly allocated.
Let’s see what happens if some of those issues occur:
- A pipe burst in a bathroom — If that pipe serves more than one unit or it has burst in a boundary wall, the responsibility goes to the owners’ corporation. If, however, the pipe burst in the internal wall, the owner needs to take the whole responsibility.
- Specific problems with shower occurred — Anything that is beneath the floor has to be fixed by the owners’ company (for example water from the shower won’t start draining). But if the problem is related to the shower itself (the showerhead is not functioning properly), the owner has to fix it.
- If the sink breaks and the water starts leaking — This is the full responsibility of the individual owner. The only advice we can give you is to ask your insurance company whether your contract covers those expenses.
As you can see, there are so many different problems that can appear. Usually, the only solution is to hire a professional to control the running of the strata scheme and take responsibility for maintenance issues. So, if you have problems arising in ceilings, titles and balconies don’t hesitate to contact us. We know how hard it can be to resolve problems that affect both internal units and community areas. That’s why you can count on our full support.
Save Time And Avoid the Hassle
Most commonly plumbing has a lot of hidden parts both inside and outside private property. Since most of those parts are not visible, it can be hard to determine what is causing the problem. There is no need to waste your time trying to solve these kinds of issues. Finest Plumbing Group gathered qualified and skilled plumbers and strata plumbing Sydney contractors to provide you with the best service.
Our twelve-year experience taught us how to be fast, precise and dexterous. We solve problems quickly without leaving any mess behind. All appointments with tenants and homeowners can be organised by Finest Plumbing Group, saving your time.
How to Prevent Damage?
Some things are out of our control and no matter how hard we try, we cannot avoid them. Sometimes damage can happen even though all of the things we possess are brand-new. Still, there are some things we can do for additional safety, to avoid the risk.
- Test the water purity from time to time — this is the easiest way to see whether there is corrosion on the pipes. If your water is pure, your pipes are safe. If not, you might want to call a professional plumber.
- Inspect sewer systems regularly — this is the job for the owners’ corporation. If the sewer systems are blocked, they can cause massive water damage. The only way to prevent that is to make sure they are checked from time to time.
- Make sure your maintenance is always arranged — lastly, the key to every prevention is high-level maintenance. You need to find the service you trust, and they have to come occasionally and make sure everything is functioning properly.
Experience In Strata Plumbing Sydney
We are at your disposal 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Don’t hesitate to contact us each time you face a plumbing problem. In our experience, regular maintenance is essential, especially for strata properties. Speak to one of our strata plumbing Sydney contractors today about contract work or send a request online, we are here to help you.